New Ontario draw targets Express Entry candidates with work experience in one of ten priority occupations
Accountants, public relations managers, registered nurses among those who received invitations
The Canadian province of Ontario issued 997 Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to Express Entry candidates to apply for Canadian permanent residence in a targeted draw held on August 15.
Express Entry candidates who received an NOI in August 15 invitation round were required to have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 439 as well as work experience in one of these 10 targeted occupations:
- 0114 Other administrative services managers
- 0601 Corporate sales managers
- 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers
- 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 0111 Financial managers
- 1114 Other financial officers
- 0651 Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c
As these draws are a part of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)’s Human Capital Priorities Stream, a job offer is not required.
Candidates, who wish to be considered for selection by the OINP through its Human Capital Priorities Stream or any of its Express Entry streams, are required to first submit a profile in the Express Entry pool.
The OINP regularly searches Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Express Entry pool to find eligible candidates who meet the criteria of one of Ontario’s Express Entry immigration streams and then invite them to apply for Canadian permanent residence through regular draws.
Express Entry candidates, who receive a provincial nomination, get additional 600 points towards their CRS score, which effectively increase their chances to get an invitation to apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence in subsequent Express Entry draw.