Canada Visitor/Tourist Visa
Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa – TRV)
Canada Tourist Visa, also known as Canada visitor visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), is a temporary Canadian immigration option that allows tourists to visit Canada for the purpose of tourism, leisure and family Visit. It is granted for a maximum period of six months.
Canada tourist visas are of two types:
- Single Entry Visa
- Multiple Entry Visa
A single entry visa allows the visa holder to visit Canada just once. After the visa holder leaves Canada, except for travelling to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, he or she will require a new visa to enter Canada again.
A multiple entry visa allows the visa holder to visit Canada for a time period of six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. The visa can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before the visa holder’s passport expires, whichever happens earlier.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Tourist Visa
- Have a valid passport
- The applicant should plan to remain in Canada for a specific and limited period of time
- The applicant must intend to leave Canada at the end of his/her visit
- The applicant should not have any criminal record
- The applicant should have enough money for his/her stay in Canada. The amount of money applicant needs may vary depending on various factors like how long he/she is going to stay etc.
- The applicant should provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish his/her admissibility, and
- The applicant should be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).
Steps to follow to apply for Canada Visitor Visa
Step 1 – Determine how you will apply
You can apply in either of the two ways for a tourist visa
- Apply Online
- Apply on paper
Step 2: Fill out the tourist visa application form
Step 3: Pay the processing fee
Step 4: Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) and submit over your application form
Step 5: Track your application online
Biometric (fingerprints and photo) requirements
You may also need to appear in person to have your biometric information (fingerprints and photograph) taken at a biometric collection service point.
Required Fees for Canada Visitor Visa
- Visa Fees for Single Entry – CAD 100
- Visa Fees for Multiple Entry – CAD 100
- Biometric – CAD 100 (Single applicant)