Australia Student Visa
Australia is one of the most popular study destinations with international students from across the globe. A perfect blend of contemporary cities, majestic landscapes and a well-acknowledged education system, Australia is among world’s leading countries to live and pursue tertiary studies in.
Visafy Immigration Consultancy is a one-stop education center for students wishing to obtain Australian student visa. Our team of expert immigration consultants provides students with services like visa processing, eligibility assessment and application processing – services that help them get through the entire Australian Student Visa process in a hassle-free way.
Australian Student Visa Requirements
When applying for Australian student visa, you have to provide evidence of the following:-
- Financial Requirements – evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition, travel and living expenses in Australia. If you have dependents (spouse and children) travelling with you, you will have to show an evidence of being able to cover living expenses for them as well. Since February 2018, the amount you required to demonstrate you have for living costs (apart from tuition and travel) is set at AU$20,290 (~US$15,600) for a year.
- English Proficiency – It is mandatory for all students to prove their proficiency in English language with a good score in IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, and Cambridge Advanced English (CAE).
- IELTS (Academic module): Overall score of 6.0 bands with no band less than 5.5 for Bachelor’s degree
- IELTS (Academic module): Overall score of 6.5 bands with no band less than 6.0 for Master’s degree, some universities except the profile with 5.5 bands in any subtest with ELICOS.
- Health requirements – applicants have to undergo medical checkups to show they are in good health. If asked, you need to submit your test reports with a doctor’s prescription claiming your good health.
- Character requirements – All students applying for the Student Visa to Australia are assessed against the character requirements, which include a criminal record check and getting a police clearance, to make sure they do not have a substantial criminal record.
Document Check List
While applying for a Student Visa for study in Australia, applicants need to provide the following in their document file:
- Completed Australian student Visa application form (157A)
- Visa application fees
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (once you applied to institutions)
- language proficiency test result – IELTS TRF
- Prior academic study documents
- Proof of prior work experience (if have any)
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Evidence of financial ability
- Criminal record check results
Why choose Australia
Global Recognition: Australian degrees are highly sought after due to the impressive international reputation of the Australian education system, which is carefully regulated by the government to maintain the high standards of education associated with the country.
A range of study options: Australian colleges/universities offer a wide variety of courses and degrees, so international students can easily find the institution and field that are right for them. Some of the most popular study fields are the natural sciences (biology, zoology, chemistry, etc), mathematics, engineering, social sciences (sociology, anthropology, archaeology, psychology, etc), and medical fields (even MD’s and PhD’s).Students have an option to choose between universities, vocational education, and English language training.
Part time work options: Student visa holders can work for a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight (14 days) while studying. This is quite a great opportunity for students who want to earn money to offset living expenses during their stay, as well as for students who want to gain work experience in their field of interest while they study.
Cost of Living: Australia offers one of highest standards of living in the world. Living expenses are considerably lower in Australia than the United States and United Kingdom.